Many individuals choose to have Botox Cosmetics done for the appearance of facial wrinkles but did you know that Botox can be used to treat neck spasms, excessive sweating, and migraines as well?
Botox targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines — the repeated muscle contractions from frowning, squinting, smiling, and raising the eyebrows over the years. Dr. Rother can inject these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic to temporarily reduce muscle activity.
After treatment, you will begin to notice your lines will temporarily look better.
- You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines. Full results in 30 days
- It delivers predictable, subtle results, so you look like you, only with less noticeable facial lines
- It’s the first and only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily make moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines look better in adults
- Treatment requires minimal downtime. You can return to your daily routine immediately after you leave your specialist’s office
BOTOX FOR YOUR HEALTH
Botox injections block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract. The most common use of these injections is to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes. Botox injections are also used to treat conditions that affect how the body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye.
- Muscle contractures. Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. In some cases, these contracted muscles can be relaxed with Botox injections.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exerting yourself.
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, Botox injections may help reduce headache frequency.
- Eye twitching. Botox injections may help relieve contracture or twitching of muscles around the eye.
Botox injections usually begin working one to three days after treatment. Depending on the problem being treated, the effect may last three months or longer. To maintain the effect, you’ll need regular follow-up injections. Getting Botox is an easy way to improve your appearance and make a better first impression.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Dr. Rother and his team not only provide outstanding dental care services but also Botox treatments! Whether you want Botox for health reasons or just to enhance your appearance, we provide it all.
Schedule an appointment today at Rother Dental by visiting our website or contacting us at 717.963.3198.